Freelance translator since 2005, working with:
- direct clients including a luxury cosmetic brand, global market research company, a consulting company, law office, footwear brand and some more
- translation agencies based in the USA, Canada, France & Poland
- publishing houses
- translation of official correspondence, reports, presentations, website content etc.
- translation of highly specialized medical texts relating to communicable disease control, environmental health, food safety, occupational health etc.
- interpretation during meetings
- Certified translation course at Jagiellonian University, UNESCO Chair for Translation Studies and Intercultural Communication, Cracow (Poland)
- Clinical Trials and Medical Documentation: Resources and Translation Strategies for New Translators (ProZ.com webinar)
- SDL Trados Studio 2014 - Translation and Localization Conference (Warsaw, 2015)
- Konferencja tłumaczy (Warsaw, 2015)
MA in Applied Linguistics (2005), majoring in Translation (languages English & French)
Exchange within Socrates/Erasmus programme (2004)
MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
SDL Trados Studio 2014
I am a qualified, creative translator providing high-quality translation, localization & proofreading
services (including back-checking). As a native speaker of Polish, I work most often from English &
French into Polish.
My areas of expertise include:
- texts relating to skincare, make-up, fragrance, hair care, spa & wellness, beauty treatments etc.
- advertising materials (press advertising, booklets, brochures, leaflets, catalogues)
- PR materials (press releases, press articles etc.)
- training materials (presentations for beauty consultants, sales guidelines)
- questionnaires and survey reports for multinational companies (e.g. Google) or within international research projects (e.g. with the University of Essex)
- public opinion surveys for European Institutions (e.g. Eurobarometer) covering a wide variety of EU-related topics such as health, education, energy, environment, etc.
- marketing & PR materials
- websites, social networking sites
- patient records
- clinical trials documentation
- scientific articles
- popular science articles & books
- marketing materials
- law (wills & testaments, probate law, powers of attorney etc.)
- vital records (including old handwritten documents)
- art (film, music, visual arts)
- books (art books, guide books, popular science books etc.)